How and How Long:
Approximate project time: 3 hours.
- Set up a spray area by covering a table or other work surface and the floor with a drop cloth. Make sure it is a well-ventilated area.
- Clean all surfaces of table and chairs. Dissassemble by removing the table top from the base and the cushions from the chairs. If the table or chairs can be further dissassembled, do so.
- To paint the table top, start by turning it upside down and painting the bottom surface. Allow to dry completely. Turn right side and elevate the table off of the painting surface by 2-3 inches. This helps to ensure coverage of the edges. Paint the stop and allow to dry.
- When painting the chairs, begin by inverting them and painting the bottom sides first. Be sure to paint from every side so that you don't miss any surface. Allow to dry completely, turn right side up and finish painting from each side.
- To paint the base of the table, you will need to spray one side at a time, allowing to dry in between. It is best to closely inspect each piece before you reassemble to make certain that the surfaces are all painted.
- Keep in mind that you will need to reassemble the table base and the chairs. It is best to cover or fill screw holes with small pieces of tape so that paint does not clog the holes.